What should I wear?
- The 2023 V Summit begins the evening of April 12th with an optional, informal welcome event. Long-sleeve t-shirts for attendees will be provided at the hotel during check-in. If you are not staying at the hotel, please let us know. We ask that you wear your t-shirt to the informal gathering so other guests can easily identify you as a V grantee!
- Attire for the V Summit meetings and dinner banquet is business casual. We recommend comfortable shoes for the iPoster sessions as grantees will be walking and standing while presenting their iPosters.
- Attire for the Virginia Vine WINE | COUNTRY kickoff event on Friday evening is smart casual. Jeans and slacks are acceptable, and men can wear sweaters or sport coats. Women can wear spring dresses, blouses and jumpsuits. We recommend wedges/flats be worn for the grounds at the location.
My T-shirt is the wrong size, what should I do?
- The Grants team has a limited number of extra shirts available. Please let a team member know if you need a different size.
How do I make hotel accommodations?
- The V Foundation’s V Summit room block at the Lansdowne Resort is available for the nights of April 12-April 15 at the rate of $239 per night (Wednesday & Thursday) and $289 per night (Friday). Please be sure to check out the “Hotel & Travel Information” tab where you can find important airport transportation/shuttle, and hotel information. All grantees requiring accommodations are responsible for reserving their own room in the room block by clicking on the blue “V Summit Hotel Booking” button near the bottom of the page. Please note the reservation deadline of March 20, 2023.
Am I required to reserve a room at the Lansdowne Resort?
- Booking a room in our block is not required. If you choose to make other arrangements, please let us know for planning purposes and be aware that it will be your responsibility to arrive at meeting locations on time.
How do I get to and from IDA airport and the hotel?
- Please see the “Hotel & Travel Information” tab for more information.
My flight leaves after April 15th, what are my options?
- The V Foundation’s V Summit room block is available for the nights of April 12 – April 15. If you choose to extend your stay beyond these dates, please contact the hotel directly for more information. Direct contact information can be found on the “Hotel and Travel Information” tab.
Is there anything else I should know that could impact my travel?
- Yes, we have been informed that the Leesburg Flower and Garden Festival takes place April 15 & 16th in Leesburg, VA. While this event may not interfere with your travel arrangements, please plan accordingly to ensure enough time is allocated to make your returning flights or other plans!
Can you tell me more about the Virginia Vine Event WINE | COUNTRY Kick-off event Friday, April 14th, at 6:00pm to 9:30pm?
- As a finale to the V Summit, and thank you for attending the conference, scholars are encouraged to join us for the opening of the V Foundation’s eight annual Virginia Vine fundraising event where you will have the opportunity to mingle with V Foundation staff and donors. This fun kick-off event, held at The Middleburg Barn at Fox Chase Farm, will have live music and feature some of Virginia’s finest restaurateurs and wineries. Complimentary admission, food and wine and group transportation to and from the Lansdowne Resort will be provided. We hope you will join us as our special guests for this very special evening!
Is the Virginia Vine WINE | COUNTRY event on Friday April 14th from 6:00 – 9:30 pm required?
- While the event is not required, we strongly encourage V Summit attendees to participate. Scholars will be recognized and have the opportunity to mingle with V Foundation staff and donors while experiencing the opening to a V Foundation signature event.
Am I allowed to attend other parts of Virginia Vine fundraising event?
What is an iPoster?
- iPosters are interactive, multimedia research presentations that can be accessed using any device connected to the internet using a web browser.
Do I have to make an iPoster?
- Yes, iPosters are a requirement to attend the 2023 V Summit.
When does my iPoster have to be finalized and published?
- iPosters must be published by April 5th.
If I have an existing iPoster from a previous V Summit, can I reuse it?
- Yes, you can re-use your previous poster or create an entirely new one. If you choose to re-use your existing poster, the template cannot be edited. To learn more about re-using and updating your previous poster, please join the informational Zoom webinar on March 15th at 12pm ET or contact iPoster Sessions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I share my iPoster with others?
- Yes, your poster will live on long after the 2023 V Summit ends. You can use the Share button to send your iPoster HTML link to viewers.
If I made an iPoster last year, is my log-in still the same?
- Yes, if you made an iPoster for a previous V Summit your log-in information should be the same. Please look for an email on Wednesday, March 1 with your unique log-in credentials. If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
I have an admin that I want to invite as a co-author, can I add them to my iPoster as an editor?
- Yes, there is an option in the iPosters editor to invite a co-author after you select a template.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
- If you did not answer this question on your registration or if you have anything to add, we ask that you let us know of any dietary restrictions (including medical conditions, allergies, intolerances, sensitivities) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know by April 1st to ensure accommodations can be made.
Are meals provided to attendees during the Summit?
- Yes, a light meal (passed hors d’oeuvres) will be provided at the welcome event on April 12th and all meals (breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner) will be provided April 13-14th. We will not be providing breakfast on the departure day, April 15th; however, there are restaurants available on-site.
What happens if I begin to feel sick during the event?
- If you start to feel sick and/or experience any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you let a staff member know immediately. We will provide instructions on next steps.
What happens if I get sick before this event and am unable to travel? Will I be invited to the next V Summit?
- We typically invite grantees from the past three award years to our annual V Summit. Special consideration can be made, please email email@example.com for more information.
Will there be a virtual option if I test positive before the event?
- We are not planning a virtual or hybrid element at this time; however, iPosters will be available for view in the gallery after April 5th.
I want to learn more about other grantees and the speakers at this event, where should I go to find this information?
- Information on attending early career investigators and speakers will be available on the “Attendees & Speakers” tab closer to the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the password to this page.
How will I receive updates during the event?
- During the V Summit, we plan to have an external text messaging app to connect attendees with staff members. Instructions on how to join will be provided.
Who can I contact during the Summit if I have any issues, questions, or concerns?
- If you have questions prior to the V Summit, please email email@example.com.
- A cell number for any emergencies during the event will be provided closer to the V Summit.